Are you a self-starter who is highly motivated to learn more in the technology world? Does being a part of a growing company, in a fast paced highly collaborative environment excite you? If this sounds like you, then you’re in the right place! As an Associate Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible for configuring, monitoring and maintaining the company's cloud computing environment to support a Microsoft centric stack while pioneering automation patterns. Your
Does this sound like you?
- You are naturally curious about what’s coming next in the digital software world.
- You’re ready for the next challenge - fast-paced, collaborative environment to match your learning agility.
- You have strong systems management and prior experience with cloud services!
- Work to evolve environment auditing scripts to ensure deployed resources adhere to policies
- Collaborate with the Network Operations team to Design, automate, and maintain: VPCs, subnets, Internet Gateways, ACLs, and Security Groups
- Secure cloud applications and data against theft, loss, or other disasters
- Work with 3rd party SaaS providers on integration
- Work with 3rd party development partners on integration
- Ensure resiliency and high service quality for our customers
- Optimize cloud resources to maximize ROI
- Manage Reserve Instances
- Architect and implement storage life cycles
- Collaborate with the Systems Engineering team to build and maintain company AMIs
- Staying current on relevant technologies and practices, while continuing to search for the next emerging solution
The Skill Set
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment, or another leading cloud provider
- Strong command of source control practices and tools
- Able to write clean and maintainable code
- Proficiency in at least one of the following scripting languages PowerShell, Python, Ruby or TypeScript.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals, including: VPCs, Subnets, NAT, ACLs, Gateways, DNS, SSL, Network Interfaces, etc.
- Ability to thrive in an Agile / iterative delivery environment
- Efficient communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in methodical troubleshooting to provide incident resolution
- Adherence to the highest quality standards and a desire for continual improvement
- Documentation and diagraming skills
- Communicate complex processes and designs verbally
Extra Credit for the following:
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Vmware VSphere experience
- Unix or Linux administration experience
- Experience with Microsoft IIS
- Familiarity with CHEF
- Previous exposure to build / deploy management tools (Jenkins or VSTS)
- Understanding of WSUS Patch Management
- Knowledge of Enterprise application performance monitoring tools
- Familiarity with Web Application Security / OWASP