As an Account Executive in Supplier Sales Mid-Market, you will continuously seek out net new business. From prospecting, territory management, periodically going on-site, pulling in resources from the sales engineering team, working to hand off to our implementation team – this is a fast-paced role. Once a new client is on-board, this account will remain as part of your territory for possible upsell or cross sell. SMB clients are constantly expanding and changing, so their needs change as well. In this role you will grow business with a constant mix of new and expanding clients with a strong emphasis on net new customer acquisition.
Day to Day
- Managing a defined sales territory, which consists of identifying, developing and closing new business opportunities.
- Effectively execute your pipeline, using Salesforce.com to document and track account activity.
- Drive a value-based sales process from identifying the relevant contact and decision maker within an account, understanding their needs, proposing a solution, and closing the deal such that you meet/exceed quota.
- Collaborating with an account team to understand existing SPS relationships to get warm introductions to the appropriate contacts.
- Working to maintain customer satisfaction- responding to customers in a timely matter and making sure the customer has proper training scheduled with support teams.
Why work at SPS?
- We’re a growing technology product company with 72 consecutive quarters of top line growth.
- You’ll be joining a top-notch Sales team that is valued within our company.
- We continually strive to deliver a workplace where employees come first and challenged to excel. Our high-energy environment provides employees with perks big and small, from company-wide events and department outings to endless coffee and a business casual dress code.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of equivalent education and relevant experience
- 2+ years of sales experience with 1 year in a commission-based hunter sales role
- Able to communicate business issues and technical information to individuals clearly
- Leadership skills reflective of an entrepreneurial and innovative thought process.
- Willing to travel 10-15%