The Associate Quality Engineer (QE) will work within a team of professionals responsible for developing product solutions to test services offered through the SPS Commerce product suite as well as initiate datacenter setups and establish retailer connectivity. The end user expects to exchange business documents with their trading partners via the services that the Associate QE ultimately approves and delivers and is the primary customer for this position. It is their expectation that production services perform to the highest level of quality and usability. The Associate Quality Engineer will be measured on timeliness, communication and organization in addition to quality.
- 70%: Create and execute test plans according to team development and testing process and based on key risk factors for given new development or change(s). Generate test scenarios and test data that appropriately exercises a given map or form. Independently validate and verify that deliverables are working according to retail-specific specifications and requirements, creating a system for trading partners to exchange business documents.
- 30%: Verify that modifications and/or patches added to product(s) or service(s) function correctly prior to production install. Analyze against production version of the application to ensure no regression to the given product has occurred.
- Execute test plans according to established schedule and prioritization.
- Document, track and follow up on issues logged during the test cycle. Provide feedback to Development and Implementation teams as needed. Coordinate with Release Management on production deployment.
- Perform network analysis on all changes, as any product or configuration change can have a global impact. Define requirements for retailer-specific setup and communications configuration and perform these functions.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of equivalent education and experience
- 1-3 years of professional QA software testing experience, preferably for hosted solutions.
- Exemplary documentation skills of a technical nature.
- Familiarity with test data creation, quality assurance best practices and testing principles.
- One year of experience with Software as a Service (Saas) applications.
- College degree or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Key Skills/Competencies noted above.
PREFERRED (not required)
- Familiarity with agile development methodology
- Experience with text editing and data mapping tools
- General understanding of the concept of e-commerce and electronic data interchange (EDI) preferred