SPS Commerce is hiring Associate Account Executives to go through an interactive training program which will ultimately prepare you for an Account Executive role within the Supplier Sales team. In this hands-on role, you will learn from the ground up how to successfully prospect, apply the sales skills you learn, and ultimately grow your earnings potential as you transition into a territory of your own. This role will involve 25% Direct Sales / 75% Indirect Sales.
Does this sound like you?
- Inquisitive: Demonstrated curiosity and a desire to obtain a deeper understanding of one’s customer and their business.
- Entrepreneurial Orientation: A tendency to seek out and seize profitable business. The ability to capture trends and escalate as appropriate.
- Personal Characteristics: Integrity, flexibility, self-motivation and drive, creative, responsible, reliable, confident, and resilient. Has faith in one’s own ideas and ability to be successful.
- Results Orientation: Focuses on the desired end result and manages activities accordingly with goals in mind.
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s customer through listening and fully understanding what solutions can enhance the customer’s experience.
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process, and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
What is the day to day like?
- Proactively call into prospective customers and existing customers using a consultative sales approach to learn about, understand, and ultimately uncover sales opportunities
- Truly a sales hunter and not afraid to pick up the phone to seek out new opportunities
- Partner with Account Executives to learn and understand the full sales cycle process while assisting them in territory management
- Once fully ramped, own the complete sales cycle, drive revenue and close sales from your uncovered opportunities
- Provide dynamic customer service by offering accurate product information and timely follow-up in a friendly, professional manner
- Collaboratively work within team and cross-functionally
- Cultivate a culture that grows together and aligns with SPS Values
- Document key findings, progress, insights, and pipeline velocity in Salesforce.com
What experience and skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of work experience or five years of experience without a degree.
- Proven aptitude for sales (bias toward action, engaging, resilient, listener, curious, grit, gumption)
- Proven results and strong desire to meet and exceed goals
- Clear, concise, and confident communicator (verbal, non-verbal, written), including effectively altering vocal tone/inflection, listening, and writing relevant and engaging content
- Demonstrative behaviors around integrity, curiosity, engagement, self-driven initiative, collaboration, relationship building, customer engagement/support, and leadership expectations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills to meet customer and business needs
What experience is preferred?
- 1+ years of experience in Sales (outside sales, inside sales, retail sales, telemarketing)
**EOE including veterans/disability**