Are you looking for a company that will challenge you to improve your skills and maximize your potential?
SPS Commerce is looking to hire Sr. Software Engineers to join our team of highly experienced web development experts in the Toronto area ( Brampton Office). Sr. Software Engineer designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs existing and new software for our internal and external customers. This position will serve as a technical expert on development projects with a group of talented and skilled engineers. The Sr. Software Engineer will have the opportunity to work with the SPS commerce Core Data and Dev Center teams while working in a full development lifecycle.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re known for your “service-oriented” person and find joy in working in highly collaborative, cross-functional teams on a daily basis.
- You still like to spend a majority of your time “at the keyboard” but have the ability to flex for some design/planning work.
- You’re bold and like to implement change – you like solving big problems.
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process and our tech products.
We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry. At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
What is the day to day like?
- Work with minimal supervision to implement complex methods and procedures within assigned problem domain
- Own the development, test, and deployment for an entire product
- Estimate new work with consideration and commitment
- Identify and communicate risk, ambiguity, complexity, and dependencies
- Participate in hiring related activities
- Share knowledge of technical skills, patterns, and practices with the rest of the team
- Code review and mentorship of associates, intermediates, and other senior members on the team
- Work with business partners outside of their team, to explain and champion high-level technology approaches
What experience is required?
- A Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of software development experience or 8 years of experince without a degree.
- Proficiency in Java, experience in using Java frameworks
- Experience in working with Docker, Cloud environments, CI/CD systems and Database
- Proven experience writing quality code and tests that are maintainable, accurate, well-tested, and follow best practices
- Hands-on experience with software development practices and can develop applications that are diverse in scope where good judgement and problem-solving skills are required
- Experience in frontend frameworks such as React and Angular is a nice to have
- Experience in any other programming language is a plus
- Understand agile development processes
- Strong communication skills to proactively communicate status and risks within their team
*EOE including disability/veterans*
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.