Our growth potential has led to a new hiring need!SPS Commerce is looking to hire an Associate MicroStrategy Developer to join our team of highly experienced web development experts working with our Analytics product. Our Analytics product is focused on making access to data simple and allowing retailers and suppliers to solve common problems and improve their business performance. Our product helps our customers take action on their sales opportunities faster and make better business decisions. Our team is passionate about learning, working collaboratively, finding elegant solutions to complex challenges, and relentlessly improving our products. This product is a key area of investment to help grow our network of customers and accelerate our revenue growth.
Does this sound like you?
- Your thirst for growth leads you to seek success. You can embrace change and continue to reinvent the process or product you are working with for the better of the customer it serves.
- Collaboration is at the heart of how you work. Success isn’t by accident, nor is it something you can achieve on your own. You have the ability to work independently, but you know when to come together and rely on those around you to produce quality work every time
- We are leaders in our industry, and you are a leader in the work you do. You can take charge and own the work you do. You back up your ideas with facts and actions that lead to you being seen as a trusted advisor
Why join SPS Commerce?
- We are the leader in cloud-based supply chain management solutions, providing proven tools and comprehensive analytics to over 75,000 retailers and suppliers worldwide.
- We have incredible growth opportunities highlighted by 75 consecutive quarters of revenue growth.
- We build cloud-native software-as-a-service solutions that are built for reliability and scale.
- Our culture values learning, collaboration and personal growth to help you expand your skills and become a better developer.
- We have a custom built open office environment, casual dress code, flexible working hours, and a great stock plan.
What is the day to day like?
- Work collaboratively with your team to design, build and test solutions to solve complex problems.
- Learn key skills and techniques to build reliable and user-friendly software
- Plan how your code will be monitored and diagnosed to minimize outages.
- Monitor dashboards and respond to alerts and keep your services running smoothly.
- Build services and components upon the latest frameworks, platforms and service providers.
- Partner with experts in specialized areas like usability, cloud automation, and service reliability in a technically complex environment.
What skills and experience do I need to be successful?
- College or University training in computer science or software engineering
- A proven interest in learning and improving computer science fundamentals
- An interest in troubleshooting and optimization of MicroStrategy environments
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to solve complex problems
- Interest in building systems that scale by applying cloud-native and DevOps concepts
- Ability to participate in on-call rotations to respond to alerts and keep services running smoothly
SPS has an opportunity for a Sales Engineer to join our dynamic team! You will work directly with account executives to evaluate technical needs and develop sales strategies. In addition to completing technical presentations, you will present demonstrations of core products, provide Request for Proposal and Request for Information technical responses, proposal design and validation, technical account leadership, proof of concept.
Does this sound like you?
- You possess a high energy level, positive attitude and the ability to work with and understand the needs of senior level executives within potential customers, under a variety of circumstances.
- You consider yourself a self-starter and a problem solver.
- You see yourself enjoying working in a dynamic environment that requires significant coordination and teamwork and take pride for the work that you do.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written, excellent high-level solution design skills, the ability to “think on your feet”.
We know that there are a lot of employment choices for great talent so at SPS we work hard to create an environment where “Employees Come First” and where your “Thirst for Growth” can be nurtured. We’re a market leader and have just passed our 75th consecutive quarter of growth. This allows us to continue to invest in our employees and aggressively gain market share.
- Work with customers to ensure they are provided with the right solution to solve their business requirements.
- Support ongoing technical qualification of opportunities
- Present technical and competitive positioning of proposed solution
- Provide proof/reference points that proposed solutions are architecturally sound, and operationally manageable for the customer
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for written RFPs, proposals, phone calls, technical briefings, and demonstrations.
- Working with a sales team to determine solutions to customers’ challenges and supporting the sales team to present proposals to clients.
- Providing product demonstrations, presentations, training, consultation and sales support services for the sales team
- Working with the implementation team to provide them with the technical detail post sale to ensure smooth transition between pre and post sale
- Be part of the Sales Operations team and work on a range of different projects to support the sales team and increase efficiencies.
What experience and skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Science and/or Business preferred
- 1-3 years experience developing, leading or managing projects (pre or post sale)
- Pre-sales activity experience desired
- Ability and willingness to travel as required (<25% projected)
- Flexibility to respond to ad hoc questions and issues expediently and to effectively “think on your feet”
- Prior CPG, Retail, Supply Chain or SPS Commerce experience preferred