SPS has an opportunity for a Sales Engineer to join our dynamic team! You will work directly with account executives to evaluate technical needs and develop sales strategies. In addition to completing technical presentations, you will present demonstrations of core products, provide Request for Proposal and Request for Information technical responses, proposal design and validation, technical account leadership, proof of concept.
Does this sound like you?
- You possess a high energy level, positive attitude and the ability to work with and understand the needs of senior level executives within potential customers, under a variety of circumstances.
- You consider yourself a self-starter and a problem solver.
- You see yourself enjoying working in a dynamic environment that requires significant coordination and teamwork and take pride for the work that you do.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written, excellent high-level solution design skills, the ability to “think on your feet”.
We know that there are a lot of employment choices for great talent so at SPS we work hard to create an environment where “Employees Come First” and where your “Thirst for Growth” can be nurtured. We’re a market leader and have just passed our 75th consecutive quarter of growth. This allows us to continue to invest in our employees and aggressively gain market share.
- Work with customers to ensure they are provided with the right solution to solve their business requirements.
- Support ongoing technical qualification of opportunities
- Present technical and competitive positioning of proposed solution
- Provide proof/reference points that proposed solutions are architecturally sound, and operationally manageable for the customer
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for written RFPs, proposals, phone calls, technical briefings, and demonstrations.
- Working with a sales team to determine solutions to customers’ challenges and supporting the sales team to present proposals to clients.
- Providing product demonstrations, presentations, training, consultation and sales support services for the sales team
- Working with the implementation team to provide them with the technical detail post sale to ensure smooth transition between pre and post sale
- Be part of the Sales Operations team and work on a range of different projects to support the sales team and increase efficiencies.
What experience and skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Science and/or Business preferred
- 1-3 years experience developing, leading or managing projects (pre or post sale)
- Pre-sales activity experience desired
- Ability and willingness to travel as required (<25% projected)
- Flexibility to respond to ad hoc questions and issues expediently and to effectively “think on your feet”
- Prior CPG, Retail, Supply Chain or SPS Commerce experience preferred